CUSTOMER SERVICE - FAQS
PRICING AND PAYMENTS
• Are customs and duty fees included in your pricing?
o Customs fees are not included in our prices (product cost or shipping/handling fees). These fees vary from country to country and cannot be predicted at the time of checkout as they are assessed at a national and/or local level.
o Belle Vous will not cover or reimburse any fee assessed for the import of your package.
o Most countries charge taxes for purchases outside of the country that exceed a certain amount (usually over $25), these are called typically called duty fees.
o You may wish to contact your local customs requirements, VAT/Duty fees, and if there are any additional handling fees.
• Do you have Belle Vous Gift Cards?
o No, we do not offer gift cards at this time but hope to very soon. Can I get a full refund if I refuse my package?
o Refunds will be reviewed upon receipt of the Returned Package from your country's Customs Agency.
• Do you offer discounts or coupon codes ?
o We generally do not work with coupons or discounts, even for professionals and students; instead, we focus on offering fair prices all year long.
• How much does shipping & handling cost?
o Standard Domestic Mail Service rates begin at $3.99 and go up based on the weight of the items you order.
o Standard International Mail Service rates begin at $5.99 and go up based on the weight of the items you order.
o Shipping charges DO NOT include any import fees, Customs/VAT, Duties, or miscellaneous local fees. These fees vary from country to country and cannot be predicted at the time of checkout as they are assessed at a national and/or local level.
o To find out exactly how much your shipping will be before completing your order, please proceed to checkout.
o Please refer to our shipping partners website for further reading on their expedited delivery service:
▪ Fedex: click here
▪ UPS: click here
• What do I do if my card or Paypal transaction is declined?
o We would greatly appreciate if you could contact your card issuer, Paypal Support or Belle Vous Customer Service to help look into the declined transactions before attempting to place another order.
o If you are getting an error message about "duplicate invoice ID number in PayPal" then it's important that you follow these steps before trying again, or you will be unable to order at all:
1.empty your cart & log out of your account
2.clear your cache and your cookies
3.put items you wish to purchase in your cart
4.place the order as a GUEST.
• What is your wholesale price plan?
o Please contact us to inquire about opportunities and pricing.
• What payment methods do you accept?
o We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover Card, and PayPal o We are not currently accepting money orders or cash for payments.
o We also accept Prepaid Gift Cards from credit card companies. The card can be used on orders that total no more than the amount on the card. For example, if you try to use a $50 Visa gift card for an order that totals $50.01, Visa will decline it. We do not have a way at this time to process two different methods of payment in one transaction.
• Why did you charge me more than what was on my order?
o All of our prices are in US Dollars. The difference in price has to do with the currency conversion which is processed by your card issuer.
o The currency exchange rate fluctuates daily and can also affect the price you are charged.
o Your card issuer may also charge a fee for the currency conversion
CHANGES OR ISSUES
• How can I add something to my order?
o Please contact customer service first to make sure your order hasn’t shipped yet. Then you will be asked to place a new order for the items you want us to add, and send us the order number. We'll try to combine both orders for shipping and if successful, we'll refund you the extra shipping amount.
• How can I edit my order to remove something?
o Unfortunately, our system is not set up to edit an order once the order has been placed. Please contact customer service as soon as possible, if your order has not already been processed they may be able to make the requested changes to your order.
• How can I update my billing or shipping address after placing an order?
o Once your order has been placed, you are unable to make changes to the order online. Please contact customer service as soon as possible, if your order has not already been processed they may be able to make changes to your billing and shipping address.
• What do I do if my order is missing an item, has a broken item, or I received the wrong product?
o Upon receiving your package, please inspect your shipping box and the items inside for missing or damaged items. We require that customers contact us within 14 days of receiving their package to notify us of any issues. The shipping box may have normal wear from the transit process. However, if your order arrives empty, missing items or damaged, please retain: the shipping box, packing materials, packing slip and original items on the order. We will require photos of the items you received or damaged items, the packing slip, and may request the products back to follow up accordingly on issues or concerns. Please do not throw damaged items away until talking with customer service.
• Why can’t I log into my account?
o Please note that placing an order does not create a store account. If you did not create it separately, then your order is in the guest pool and you don’t have an account. However, you will still receive notifications regarding your order. o If you are still having issues, please contact customer service.
• Why do my products look different on me than in the swatches?
o Colors can vary slightly depending on your complexion and undertone. We use a primer under our colors for swatches, you may wish to use a primer to help increase the vividness of the color.
• Why do your product pictures or swatches look different online?
o Our product pictures are of the product in raw form. The swatches on our models arms are completed by using primer beneath our colors. Our product specialists work diligently to try to display the colors as accurately as possible. There are many dynamics that can cause a slight variation in color from the real product and the online pictures. This can include the lighting you are looking at our products under, the settings on your computer monitor, and personal preference.
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
• Are tracking numbers available on shipments?
o Domestic Standard Shipping - Your order will have limited tracking information available as it is being shipped via UPS Mail Innovations. This shipping method works with your local post office to offer an expedited shipping option. Please remember there will be a delay in the updates on your package once it is transferred from UPS to your local post office. We unfortunately do not have any further information than what is included in the tracking information you receive. If you would like further tracking information for your package, we would suggest using UPS Second Day Air, UPS Ground, or UPS Worldwide Expedited shipping options for door to door tracking.
o International Standard Shipping -International Standard Shipping - Door to door tracking is not available for standard international orders. In most cases we will not have updated tracking information after the package has left the United States. You may wish to check with your local post office for additional updates after your package has left the US.
o UPS Shipping - Tracking numbers are available on all Express deliveries (Ground, 2-Day Air, or Worldwide Expedited).
• Do you ship to my country?
▪ We ship almost everywhere, but there are a few countries that we are unable to ship to due to local regulations forbidding the importation of cosmetics: Turkey, Mexico, and Indonesia.
▪ We currently do not ship to Germany due to ongoing Customs Returns. Our website will provide further updates regarding this topic.
▪ International customers may consider using a private courier or forwarding service like MyUS.com, borderlinx.com and shipito.com, who offer convenient international shipping. They provide you with a US street address, receive packages on your behalf, and then ship your order overseas. Some of these companies also help prepare customs paperwork for your shipments. Belle Vous responsibility will only be engaged until the package reaches your US mailbox. We are not liable for damaged or missing items once the package has been delivered to the courier service.
• Has my order shipped yet? Do you know where it is?
o We strive to ship all orders within 2-3 business days, but there are times (especially during new product launches, sales, holidays, or other high demand occasions) orders may take additional time before shipping. Once your order has shipped, you will receive an email confirmation of the shipment. You can also check to see if your order is marked as "Complete" on your account page. If it has been 10 days or more and you have not received a confirmation email, please contact our customer service.
• What shipping method should I choose if the order I am placing is a gift?
o We would suggest using UPS Second Day Air or UPS Worldwide Expedited shipping options for quicker delivery times.
• What shipping method should I use if I would like door to door tracking?
o We would suggest using UPS Second Day Air, UPS Ground, or UPS Worldwide Expedited shipping options for door to door tracking. Standard US and International Shipments have minimal tracking information available.
• What should I do if my package says it is delivered, but I haven’t received it?
o We would greatly appreciate if you could contact local post office (preferably with the tracking number provided in your shipment confirmation email or in your account) and if you know your neighbors ask them.
o After you have contacted your local post office, please let us know by contacting customer service.
• When will my order arrive?
o Standard Mail Service US Orders: should arrive within 10-21 business days after shipping (Saturday and Sunday are not counted). Orders shipped via the Standard Mail Service option are shipped via UPS Mail Innovations, which works with your local post office to offer an expedited shipping process.
o Standard Mail Service International Orders: should arrive within 30-60 business days, but they often can take up to 14 weeks to arrive after your order has shipped from our store, especially in light of the ongoing worldwide pandemic.
o UPS 2-Day Air Orders: should arrive within 2 business days after the order has shipped. Please remember UPS does deliver on Saturday, Sunday’s or Holidays. Processing days are not included in the 2 business days.
• Why is the shipping delayed on my package?
o We do not process UPS orders placed Friday after 2PM (Eastern Standard Time) through Monday before 8AM (Eastern Standard Time) until Monday. Purchasing and shipping days are not included in the 2 business days for UPS 2-day shipping. Holidays can delay UPS 2-day air orders as they are not considered a business day. Our business days are Monday-Friday (unless there are holidays interrupting this schedule).
o USPS and UPS do not deliver on holidays. Please be aware, there may be delays on your orders during these holidays as these dates are not included in business days:
▪ Shipping Holidays for 2021 include:
• New Year's Day: Friday, Jan. 1
• Martin Luther King Jr. Day: Monday, Jan. 18
• Washington's Birthday/Presidents Day: Monday, Feb. 15
• Memorial Day: Monday, May 31
• Independence Day: Monday, July 5 (observed, because July 4 falls on a Sunday) • Labor Day: Monday, Sept. 6
• Columbus Day: Monday, Oct. 11
• Veterans Day: Thursday, Nov. 11
• Thanksgiving: Thursday, Nov. 25
OTHER COMMON QUESTIONS
• Is Belle Vous a Cruelty-Free Brand?
o Belle Vous is proud to be a cruelty-free brand! We are committed to providing highquality cosmetics that are animal friendly. You can trust that our labs, manufacturers, and ingredient suppliers DO NOT test on animals. We are PETA certified for our crueltyfree products.
• Are your products vegan?
o MOST Belle Vous products are vegan. For more information, please visit ourCruelty Free & Vegan Information page.
• Can I pre-order? Can I order and have back-orders sent to me later?
o Our system is not set up to handle pre-orders or back-orders at this time.
• Do you have a physical store location?
o Our products are accessible via our Website.
• Do you offer Samples of your products?
o We appreciate your interest in trying our products. We do not offer sample sizes, instead we focus on making our full size products the best price.
• Why is an item out of stock and when will it be returning?
o For items in our store marked as “out of stock”, we are working diligently to restock this item.
o If there is a color you have questions on, please contact our customer service team for further assistance.
• Christmas: Saturday, Dec. 25
STILL HAVE A QUESTION?
Please use our form